VICE PRESIDENT Director for Sport – Asia & Australia
The US Bank stadium, designed by HKS, was awarded the World Architecture Festival Sport Building of the Year in 2018. Whilst the stadium opened in July 2016, the design process began ten year earlier in 2006. Designers, with their Clients, are required to forecast where consumer sentiments, technology and the fan experience will need to be well in advance of opening day, then make provisions to remain flexible and adaptable for the life of the venue for at least a further twenty-five years into the future. This presentation will discuss:
· Demographics, and its impact on the future fan base;
· Understanding consumer sentiments and positioning for the future;
· Allowing for advances in materials, technology and construction innovation to be adopted;
· A holistic approach to project delivery;
- · Getting ready for Game Day and beyond.